Thursday 9 October 2008

3 challenges and a bit of dressing up!

I made this card yesterday for the Whiff of Joy challenge, which this week is a sketch designed by Heather, the image is one that Jacqui very kindly sent me so that I could join in with the challenges as I don't have any of the stamps myself. and oh my goodness how gorgeous are they, I just loved putting this card togetherthe following card is for todays Cute Card Thursday challenge which is 'buttons and bows' and also for todays Lili of the Valley challenge which is 'enchanted'. Not actually a stamped image but a die cut so I hope my card counts! I've actually had them since last year can you believe that, all I did was add a few sparkles and added it using foam pads to my triangle card which is made using 3 squares of card, the corner of 1 side fits through a slot to keep it together.Today is 'dress up' day at school and the children have had the chance to go in dressed as a person from any nationality, it's 'World Foreign Languages day' or something like that! I didn't want to 'have to' go out and spend a load of money on dressing up costumes and my imagination wasn't that good to put something together, so last weekend mum found my indian dress that I wore many many years ago when I used to perform in the village pantomines! All I had to do was add the brown leggings, just to keep Lillie's legs warm, and last night made the headband which she loved!! and here's Hollie in her little outfit which when I bought it off of ebay it was being advertised as a traditional singapore airways air-stewardess's uniform!! It does have a 'singapore collection' label in it, can you believe that, how tiny are these ladies??? I think Hollie looks adorable and loved posing for the pictures this morning!
and here are Lillie and Hollie posing together. I've printed this picture on A4 photo papers this morning and it is just gorgeous!!
and finally Pass the Penguin!
I have just picked up this little penguin from Rach. October is breast cancer awareness month so feel free to add him to your blog and raise awareness. My MIL found a cancerous lump 5 years ago luckily she has beat this awful disease but I know others aren't always so lucky. So pass the penguin on to raise awareness. 'Squish a boob, save a life'.


13 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Oh Joanne don't they look fantstic, bet they were proud as punch going to school today. Love the 2 cards by the way, and thanks for joining both challenges, love the colours and layour of the triabgle card, want i have a go at that.
Hugs jacqui x

Andrea, said...

Fabulous cards, I love the image syou have used. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge.
Wow your daughters look fantastic, I love their costumes. I hope they have had a good day

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

very very pretty cards.
love the pictures of your daughters.
claudia

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Joanne, and your girls are absolutely beautiful what gorgeous pics, they just look adorable Jill x

Anki said...

Thank you for your sweet words on my blog. The girls are just adorable! Kram (Hug in Swedish)Anki

Donna said...

Two beautiful cards Joanne and I agree with the first card the colours are fantastic, I love it :)Lillie & Hollie look so cute in their outfits, hope they had a fab day :) Donna x

Sue said...

very pretty cards Joannne and you also hae 2 gorgeous little girls:-)

sue
xx

Rach said...

what a fabulous post Joanne,
your girls look fantastic all dressed up I bet they had a fantastic time..so adorable...your cards are brilliant, love the shape of the triangle card, so unusual. thanks for joining in with the whiff of joy challenge and for passing the penquin.xxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Two fabulous cards Joanne, love them both especially the design of the second, Your girls look gorgeous all dressed up.. I hope they had a great day, Hugs, Nikki x

Claire said...

Your girls look fab, great outfits. I hope they had a good day.

Two great cards, I love both images.

Claire

simplyfairies said...

Fabulous cards espesh the lili one, don't the girls look fabulous too....

Donalda said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear. And your daughters are so cute !!!!! Thanks for joining us this week on WOJ

RubyMay said...

love your cards...and your girls look fabulous !