Thursday 7 April 2011

Chairsma Cardz - Wedding/anniversary

Warning!  This is a photo overload post!!!
Firstly it's new challenge time over at Charisma Cardz and this weeks theme is 'Weddings/Anniversary', imagine my surprise when I checked to see what the theme was and saw this, I had just literally finished icing the golden wedding anniversary cake for the in-laws surprise party at the weekend (just gone).
So here it is :
I can't take credit for the topper, as I bought this but will be practising as it's my parents 'ruby' wedding anniversary next year so will be on cake duty again for that!
Please check out the blog for all prize details and to see the gorgeous examples from the team please check out the blog.

Here are a few more cakey pictures :
 I was going to ice the cake, something which I haven't done in quite a while, but thought I would have a go at making a couple of sugarpaste roses, remembering I had bought some heart shaped cookie cutters around Valentine's day I got these out to cut the petals and tadah....... the idea of the hearts was born!!  Next was what to do around the base, a quick experiment with the twisted rolls (similar to those I had on my wedding cake) and there it was, cake topper in position and cake complete!
Here is a close up of one of the roses with the pretty diamante's in the topper
and here it is being cut by the in-laws well just after lol!
We had arranged a surprise (well to MIL) afternoon tea party, sis-in-law and I had half a week of baking
 
 
 
 
and this is where I spent most of the afternoon, yep in the kitchen, either washing up or making the tea!!
It was a success, we had lots of cake left over, so we plated it up and then asked if anyone would like to take any home for a donation into the collection pot.  You see they didn't want presents, let's face it what do they really want?  With MIL having breast cancer 6years ago, being clear for 5 years and then last year being told she had secondary cancer of her liver etc she requested if people wanted to give them anything then please could it be a donation to the Macmillan nurses.  In total they got £180 which was brilliant.  At the moment MIL is taking hormone tablets which have reduced the cancer by 50% which we are all so pleased about, she was sooooo worried about having to have chemo, fingers crossed it's still under control the next time she goes for a check up.

No comments: