Thursday 29 April 2010

Chairsma Cardz - Girly card with flowers

Good morning, we have a new challenge at Charisma Cardz and our theme this week is 'girly with flowers'.
We were very lucky to be given images to use for this challenge by our sponsor Sally-Ann, I just adored Polly with handbag straight away, she is sooooo..... my Lillie!!! I used my neglected DCWV Nanna's kids card and went for a nice bright colour scheme for a change! The flower is my first attempt at a handmade flower like this and I just love it! I have one of these flowers on my previous post but that was my 2nd attempt lol!! They are made by cutting 3 different sized petal shapes (several of each, I used 7) putting a little hole at the non pointy petal end, then scrunching up and unscrunching, thread onto a brad starting with smallest petal -> largest, then scrunch around the brad!
a close up of my flowerI cannot believe how similar my flower is to my miniture rose plant, which I had for valentine's day! It was even the same size!!!
As mentioned above our sponsor is Sally-Ann of the :
The lucky winner gets to choose 10 fabulous digi images from the boutique!
Please check out the blog to see the rest of the design teams fab girly cards.
I would like to enter todays card into 4 challenges :
1) Papertake Weekly = 'Do something different' well I made a bright card for a change and my flower was a first attempt so this is my something different!
2) Cute Card Thursday - 'make your own' = flower!
3) Lili of the valley - 'Here comes summer' = bright summery colours and I can shop anytime of the year lol!!!
4) Friday Sketchers = used their sketch.

11 comments:

Allison said...

very funky and retro- fab
AllisonX

Michelle said...

Your flower is gorgeous and I love the bright, happy feeling of your card.

Tasha said...

Oh this is fantastic! Love your colourwork and the funky flower! SO pretty
love tasha xx

Faye said...

I cannot tell you how much I love this card and the gorjuss flower! Please can you tell me how you made it?! x

Becky said...

Hi Joanne! I love your card, the image is so gorgeous and I love the flower too, it does look so much like the real ones doesn't it!!
xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute. fabulous card Joanne.
luv
Debby

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Fab 'n' cute card
Thanks for joining in with PTW
Caroline x

Leann said...

This is fab!
Thanks for joining us over on CCT this week :D
Hugs x

Bev said...

Fab card, love the colours. THanks for joining LOTV x

Pop's Cards said...

Love the image that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x

Unknown said...

Cute card, thanks for joining us on LOTV.
Caz
x