Saturday 8 May 2010

Buttons galore!!

I just adore Meljen's images, especially the one I have used in todays card. I actually coloured it yesterday and finally putting the card together today, very simple, 1 background paper and a selection of buttons! I would like to enter this into the Daring Cardmakers challenge which is 'the emerald isle' and I've used lots of green/emerald colours!

It's our town's festival at the end of the month, we have a carnival day and then various activities throughout the half term week (not that we partake in any!). There is a teddy bear factory thing in the town hall, and the school are running a competition to decorate a teddy bear picture, the winner/s will win a small bear to make at the festival! I thought a kind of patchwork bear would look cute and the girls both liked the idea, so I went through my dp scraps and got taring!

Here is Hollie's bearand this one is Lillie's, I like the way she has used one pattern for the ears and arms, in places she tore the pieces of paper really small and then glued them on, it looks quite effective.

Well that's it, we've just watched Britain's Got Talent, now as there is nothing on worth watching we are going to watch my dvd 'My Bloody Valentine' in 3d', so now about to put on my sexy 3d specs lol!!! Ooooo... Jensen Ackles he is just soooo..... yummy, the sole reason I have now started watching Supernatural, if only I'd known he was in it sooner! Will treat myself to the dvd box sets sometime, that or put them on my birthday list for hubby!


6 comments:

Marley said...

Your card looks amazing and Im sure the girls had a lot of fun with the bears! xMarley

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card - thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers.

Vanessa :)

Kathy said...

That's a cutie of a card
Thanks for joining in with our Emerald Green challenge this week

Lythan said...

those bears are amazing girls. And the card is lovely too. Thanks for going green with DCM this week :)

Becky said...

Oh wow Joanne!! How cute are those teddies!! I think they may well win a prize with those gorgeous creations!! And love your card hon, I'm a big fan of Meljen's images too!!
xx

Melissa 'meljen' Jenkins said...

Very cute bears :-) Thank you for entering the Meljen's Designs Featured Stamper contest!