Saturday 1 May 2010

Easel does it!!

The theme over at Daring Card Makers is as the title of my post says 'easel does it'. Well I must be psychic as yesterday that is exactly what I made (only saw the challenge a few minutes ago!). It is my cousins 30th birthday today, I know I left it until the last minute to make it and post it off, typical me, mind you I normally miss birthdays and have to send them late!!
I used a freebie downloadable baking paper and used some freebie number templates for the 30, the brads were sent to me from my lovely friend Becky, they were both supposed to match with the star in the middle, but I made an ooppsie and put the holes too close together, so ended up with 3 circle brads at the bottom, but think I got away with it! The sentiment is simply computer generated.
another view to show the easel style.Well I've done my 2nd coat of lime green paint around the kitchen, it's still drying but looking good, not patchy any more lol!! Hubby has the fun job of glossing this afternoon (I hate that), tomorrow we are tiling, and Monday the floor is going down and hopefully new table and chairs put together, which will mean our temporary ones can go back outside (garden furniture lol!).
Enjoy the bank holiday whatever you have planned.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Lovely card. You should try the "double dare" now though and go for a shaped version - I bet you'd make something extra special ;-)
Thanks for sharing with
The Daring Cardmakers

Lythan said...

thats fab Joanne. Love the clean graphic style
Thanks for playing along with DCM this week :)

Lynda said...

I made one very similar to this for my nephews 21st - easel cards are just perfect for displaying the large numbers. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Joanne, love the colours!!
The kitchen is sounding gorgeous!! Can't wait to see the photos!
xx
P.S Thanks for my package!! I'm guessing I can't open it til my birthday!! xx