Wednesday 10 December 2008

Ballet christmas and a WOJ

This card is for Lillie's ballet teacher, the image is from Love to Doodle, I try to do a ballet themed card each time I make one for her! Last night we could stay and watch the lesson, the children were allowed to wear fancy dress, Lillie chose to wear her santa dress but I didn't take any pictures. She has her 2nd ballet exam on Monday afternoon and a rehearsal this Saturday morning, so lots of running about to do! Hollie will be starting ballet when lessons start up in the new year, she can't wait but it means more money as if paying for 1 is bad enough!My 2nd card is for this weeks Whiff of Joy challenge which is to make a christmas card but not using red and green. So I went for blue and pink! I am going to send this to America for my cousins little girl, I've made a 1st christmas one for her baby sister so didn't want her to feel left out. I've used 3d glittered snow-writer for her muff and fur on her hat which looks quite effective.Yesterday I had a little production line going, making 'Snowman soup' and 'reindeer food'! I wasn't going to give presents to the teachers this year just save presents for the end of the school year, but desperately wanted an excuse to make the 'snowman soups' Lol!! The snowman stickers that I have used were a freebie from my magazine and just perfect. Then hubby decided that they were quite good and would take them to a christmas fair he was doing at a garden centre last night! Yes he left it until the last minute to say! So I made this basket of the soupthe poem is in quite small text on the packets so I printed the poem larger and put it on the front of a card for people to read easier!here is the basket of reindeer food, I found the perfect little image on clipart! The mix is porridge oats, glitter and edible silver ballsMatthew went to the fair alone as I had to take Lillie to her ballet and tap lesson and my parents we busy. We did go afterwards to have a look round and offer him support, but it was a bit of a poor turn out. My baskets especially the soup were looking a little bare! One lady had 5 soups and 2 food right at the start, bonus!! I made 10 soups and came home with 2 so have several more to make up now for the teachers! I have a few reindeer food left so will give them to Lillie to give to some of her friends if she wants to.
Although I didn't take my camera with me I did take a few pictures of Matthew's set up when he had a run through, and made the waterproof top at the weekend. a close up of the logs. Real logs with tea-lights, decorative candles and christmassy bits

10 comments:

Becky said...

Aww what a great idea Joanne, I will have to try to find the time to make some reindeer food then we can sprinkle some on christmas eve!! Gorgeous cards too!
Love Becky xx

Tara said...

Wow, I am in awe, you have been so busy and your results are fantastic! xx

Janna said...

Wow, you have been super busy! Love the cards and the little goody bags are wonderful!

Smiles,
Janna

The Greeting Farm said...

Hi Joanne! You know I come onto your blog to listen to music? LOL. Anyway I'm awarding you with a blog award. Please pick it up on my blog:

http://splendidstamping.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your inspiration!

Marie

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Joanne you have been busy!!! love the goody bags great idea and thanks so much for letting me you I have won the pollycraft candy I only just turned computer on so didn't know what an amazing candy it is too!!!!

Rach said...

great snowman soup bags and reindeer food. brilliant idea. hugs rachxx

Cathy said...

Wow Joanne you have been busy. I love your cards - great colours and images.
The goodie bags look fab, might be an idea I pinch for next year!
Hugs
Cathy xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Joanne you make me feelso lazy, all this work you and the kids and hubby to fed you are so good, I want to make the snowman soup but am having such trouble finding the small marshmallows, thats the trouble livin in the country I suppose, I will have to give up and go into Canterbury at the weekend I suppose :( !!
I love those logs how sweet and chrimastie are they.
lots of Hugs Jacqui x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow Joanne, you have been busy, love all the wonderful ideas. hope you have a great weekend Hugs Nikki x

Bev said...

Wonderful contemporary Christmas card Joanne, love the colours.

hugs Bev x