Monday 8 December 2008

Forever Friends and Friday Sketcher combo

I've combined 2 challenges in 1 today Forever Friends are asking us to make anything that's 'not a card' so I've made a bag-a-lope (if you've not seen one of the few that I've made before it's a gift bag made out of an envelope!). The paper was a download one which I think is quite christmassy, the white layers are swiss dot embossed, the forever friend is a sticker which came free with a magazine, ribbons and gems are ones that I had. This also qualifies for Friday Sketchers as I have used this weeks sketch, and would you believe my bag-a-lope is the size as on the sketch!! Perfect!! The bag isn't very deep but I have a necklace (costume jewelery type) for my sister and mum so it will fit nicely once wrapped in a bit of tissue paper first!

BLOG CANDY - Claire is celebrating 36,000 hits to her blog with the most fabulous candy, to be honest she has whizzed past 36,000 and it is nearing the 40,000 how amazing is that? Check it out here

Yesterday was 'put the christmas decorations up time' mum picked the girls up for the day so we could get on. Apart from stopping for lunch and tea we didn't stop all day! Then when we picked the girls up and got them home they had to decorate their tree, it's in the play room upstairs and apart from the lights they did the rest themselves!

Hollie posing with one of our santa's! If any has any top tips on how to take good pictures of indoor christmas trees please could you pass them on to me? I have tried allsorts to take a picture of my tree which I think looks nice but when the flash goes off it lights the whole room grrrr..... flash off and it's not very clear? If I posted one of the pictures I have now you would think the tree looked just awful.
Help please anyone?


8 comments:

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

your bag-o-lope for the ff challenge is lovely i love your'e image!!how did you do it! its fab!!

Emma xxx

Heidi said...

Your card is so beautiful and so are the photos

Hugs from
Heidi

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Jo and your photos are great, you can see how pretty the tree is! I know some people turn off the flash and use a lamp to hold over the thing they're trying to photograph at night, depends if you have a very large lamp lol!!
Love Becky xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous little bag Joanne, and i love the pictures of your daughters decorating the tree. Hugs Nikki x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Joanne, the tree is looking great, what gorgeous girls, and such a lovely bag too. hugs linda x

Anonymous said...

love the card....and the tree of the girls is sooooooo adorable

Claire said...

Gorgeous bag-a-lope and the tree looks lovely.

Claire

Ali Watson said...

Great bag a lope fab papers and so cute image. love it.