Wednesday 17 December 2008

LOTV new year card

Here is my card for the Lili of the Valley challenge which is to make a new year card. So out came my magnolia couple again! I am also entering this card into a competition where you make a card using/showing your new years resolution, mine is to use up old stash before buying more! Haha.... we all know how hard that is,I have a file brimming with scraps of patterned papers and it's starting to push other things off the shelf! The paper used on this card is from that file! I've also decorated the inside and back of the card with scraps of paper from the same file, but I didn't take pictures of that.My girls went to a Christingle service with their classes yesterday morning, the church is just accross the road from the school, which is nice as they get to go at certain times of the year. Here is Hollie with her Christingle orange, Lillie came out with a bare orange, they had let them eat the sweets in class, so no picture of hers!I had a call from the opticians letting me know my funky new glasses were in, so Hollie and I went into town after she finished nursery to pick them up, and I ended up buying her a skirt and shoes, and shoes for Lillie, another present for hubby, oh and a dress ring for myself, perhaps I should've stayed at home Lol.!

My friend Becky is starting up a new challenge blog in the new year called Sketch and Stash challenge blog, this is what she writes
New Challenge Starts Monday 5th January 2009!
A new Challenge will start here on Monday 5th January 2009!
I hope you'll all come and join in the fun!!
As you can see from the title, this is a Sketch challenge blog but with a little twist...
...which is ... you must use one item on your entry which is your latest purchase!!
How many times have I heard...
"My parcel is sat there untouched" or..
"My stamps have never been inked" or...
"I forgot I even had that!"
And with Christmas around the corner, what better way to show and tell what Santa bought you!!
So join us here in a few weeks when the fun starts!!

There is a fabulous Whiff of Joy up for grabs just for helping spread the word of the new blog, so go take a look here
I would like to wish Becky all the luck in the world, I know I'll be joining in that's for sure!

1 comment:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Another gorgeous card with this sweet couple Joanne. Love the picture of your little one and hope they enjoyed themselves. Zoe also went to her church today and I am looking forward to going to the children's service on Christmas Eve with my two girls. Hope you and your family have a fabulous Christmas and best wishes for 2009, Big Hugs, Nikki x