Tuesday 11 November 2008

Snowmen

2 more challenge cards today (made another but will show that tomorrow)
This first card is for Stamp Something whose challenge is 'simple somethings' you were only allowed to use 1 layer of card! I haven't even used that, I have stamped my serendipity snowman from Joanna Sheen straight onto the card itself, highlighted him with lots of glitter, added Anita's ribbon and some sticky gems, card done! staying with my snowmen (this wasn't done intentionally) here is my card for Friday Sketchers. I chose blues instead of the traditional reds and greens and instead of adding a flower I punched 2 1.5"circles ripped 1 to make it a bit smaller and added a fancy button in the middle. I have used 3d snow writer for the snowmans pompom on his hat (image sent by Trina) and the snowflakes and added a little accross the bottom of the image.

Both of these cards also qualify for this weeks My Time to Craft challenge which is, would you believe 'snowmen' and no I didn't know this before I made the cards for a change!!
BLOG CANDY ALERT
The very talented Fran is celebrating her blogoversary and passing 55,000 hits to her blog with the most fabulous blog candy, take a look here.

10 comments:

Jill said...

aww Joanne they are both gorgeous the black & White one is my fav hugs Jill x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Two gorgeous cards Joanne and I love the sweet image of the second and that cute little bird, Hugs, Nikki x

Marlou McAlees said...

beautiful cards Joanne, love both the cute snowmen, hope you are well, hugzz x

melody said...

awesome cards joanne! lovin that snowman and glitter on the first one..yummy! beautiful work

Lesley said...

Fab cards! I love those snowmen, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

made by fifi said...

fab cards - thank you for joining in this weeks MTTC challenge xx

Becky said...

Oh wow Joanne! They are both so gorgeous!! Love them!!
Love Becky xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

2fabulous card stunning images ,love them ,Dawnxxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

These are both fabulous snomen cards! Too cute. Love your simple black and white, great image and details. Thanks for playing. :)

Erin... said...

both of these are sooo cute!!! love the simplicity of the single layer. thanks for playing!