Thursday 8 January 2009

Hug a mug desk calendar

I have been wanting to make a desk calendar ever since I received one from Monika in a PIF candy. I bought the cd cases from Poundland when we bought the recordable dvd (which hasn't worked properly since the day we had it grrr....) The paper is out of a pack I've had for ages, there are small gems on the tips of the swirls and the calendar is curling a bit as I brushed it over with a beige watercolour pencil as the white stood out too much!! The image is one of the newer ones from Sugar Nellie's, I think she is really cute, and she is holding a mug of hot chocolate or maybe even soup I am using this as my entry into this weeks My Time to Craft challenge which is 'Food, Glorious, Food'
I am also entering this for the Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge.
and Also for the challenge over at Cute Card Thursdays which they are asking us to use something we had for christmas on our cards, well I have coloured the image with my new Whispers Strokes brush markers, admittingly I used them as normal felt-tips but will practice with the blender pens sometime!!

We are awaiting news from Carly as to when Charisma Cards first challenge is going to hit the blog, will post my card and the challenge as soon as we know. Should be sometime today!

13 comments:

Deb said...

fabulous calendar Joanne, I love it, the paper is so gorgeous and I love this Sugar Nellie stamp, don't have it yet but will have to get it soon!

Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge!

LISA said...

Love it, what a great use for CD cases. xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Great calendar! Pascale :)

Cathy said...

Great calendar Joanne. I love that image and how you have coloured it.
Great spread of challenges too.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Jill said...

aww Joanne your calendar is gorgeous hugs Jill x

Donalda said...

This is so pretty dear. Love the calendar. Thanks for joiing us at LOTV

Jo said...

Brilliant idea, looks very effective! Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC this week :o) Jo x

Lesley said...

Great idea! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge this week xx

cats whiskers said...

Great Calendar Joanne your colouring of that cute Elizabeth Bell little one is perfect, thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Jacqui xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A wonderful project - thanks for joining us this week at MTTC.

Daisychain said...

Love the calendar, what a great way of using a CD case, must have a go myself.

Hugs
Christine x

Janna said...

This is really cute!! I love the way you colored the sugar nellie stamp in! Great job!

smiles,
janna

Erum Tasneem said...

FAB work!

Hugs from Pakistan!
VIBGYOR Krafts