Friday 9 January 2009

WOJ made my first christmas card of the year!!!

It seems ridiculous that I have made a christmas card already, and I know I'm by no means the first person to do so. But I wanted to make a card using the lovely sketch over at the Whiff of Joy challenge blog, and you have to use a WOJ image. Sadly I only have 1 of their stamps that I was lucky enough to win in Katharina's advent calendar in the run up to christmas, and a few images that I was kindly sent. If anyone could kindly help me out with some more images that would be wonderful. The papers were from a new pack that I got in the sale at the Range when I went with my mum on Monday, the brads were also a sale purchase and part of a mini embellishment kit that match the paper perfectly.
So here is my card, I haven't followed the sketch 100% as there wasn't room in the bottom right to add my greeting, hope this still counts!? Now I think the card is a little plain and maybe I should have faux stitched or doodled around the edge of the image?
Joanne x

11 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Its fine hun, what a lovely card this is, I will do you some more images if you would like hun
just let me know
Hugs Jacqix

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Joanne, happy new year to you hunny. Hope 2009 is going well for you so far. I adore this card, what a gorgeous image and such a lovely card. Hugs Linda x

Vee said...

Hi Joanne, lovely card and beautiful the way it is.Very elegant image.

x Vee

Donalda said...

Oh girl this is just gorgeous !!!!! What beautiful coloring to dear. Hey it is never to early to start making Christmas cards, great idea dear. Thanks for joining us this week dear

Heather Huggins said...

Very pretty!! Your on top of it.. Thanks for joining us!!

Tracey said...

Hows that for organisation lol. Well done you, the card is gorgeous :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Nikki said...

OMG.....behave woman LOL...christmas again already??
Great card though!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Joanne, love the cute image and the wonderful colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Bev said...

Beautiful card - the colours and papers are so pretty. Thanks for playing this week

hugs Bev x

Paula said...

Hi Joanne i love your card and isnt this image just lovely i have this stamp. I have somthing for you over on my blog.
Paula xxxx

Rach said...

Hi Joanne
you have made a beautiful christmas. card. thanks for joining us this week. hugs rachxx