Monday 5 January 2009

Sketch and Stash challenge 1 card

Sketch and Stash is a new challenge blog set up by my friend Becky, my friend Lisa is also on the design team. The idea is every 2 weeks Becky will post a new sketch to work from, and you have to use new stash making it, could be 1 item could be all.
Here is my card for challenge 1 I have turned the sketch 90% anti-clockwise, the 'new' stash is the button, my local craft shop in town sells bags of mixed buttons for £1 a few days ago I bought 3 bags to go with the several that I already have Lol!! Also the papers are from a 'new' paper pad/booklet that came free with last months Crafts Beautiful mag (I know it was last month, but this was the first time I used it honest!) the image is a download available from Sally-Ann at Love to Doodle
here is a close up of the rosette (don't know if there is an actual name for these) I love making them, sometimes just 1 layer and a button or gem, other times several layers, I think they look really effective and a change from flowers!
I have just discovered that this card is also perfect for this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge which is 'Seeing spots' oh I love it when that happens!!
Back tomorrow with my A Spoon Full of Sugar design team card. First challenge of the new year, hope to see you there.

P.S. Don't forget, new challenge blog Charisma Cards whom I am lucky enough to be on the design team of goes live this Thursday 8th Jan, and it's a nice easy challenge to start with so no excuses for not joining in!!!

11 comments:

Powerful Search Engine said...

Great card! I have the free craft beautiful papers. I love your rosette I call them circle flowers. But I will not from now on. I love making my own too! Pascale :)

Becky said...

Hi Joanne! Oh I just love your card! Aren't the papers in that booklet just brilliant!! And your button looks so pretty in the rosette, I've seen a few of these about, may have to have a go at making one!! Your stamp is gorgeous too, such a cute image!!
Thanks so much for playing along with our first challenge!
Love Becky xx
P.S good luck with your new challenge, I'll be sure to check it out!!

Mrs Mayne said...

Lovely card Joanne! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Gorgeous card Joanne. Fabby image and beautiful backing papers.
Sharon

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Joanne great to see your design thanks so much for joining in. Love the bright card you have come up with the papers just shiny out. So nice to use bright colours when it's all cold and snowy outside. Good luck with your new challenge sure it will be brill.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Joanne and just love the papers and sweet image. The flowers look fabulous too! Hugs, Nikki x

Vee said...

Great card Joanne I love the bright cheery colours you've used, and the image is really cute. Looking forward to Thursday.

x Vee

Bev said...

Your card is fab Joanne, I love the scruffy flower

hugs Bev x

debby4000 said...

fabulous card, love the spring colours and the cute image.

Ruth (ooffee) said...

I adore the colours on your card! It's lovely!
Ruth x

Chrissie said...

Such a gorgeous card Joanne, I love how girly it looks!
Thank you for joining in the challenge.