Thursday 12 February 2009

Charisma Cardz -challenge 6

Our challenge for this week at Charisma Cardz has been set by DT memeber Sharon (who is now a permenant member of the team) and is the theme 'Cupcakes or any other cakes'.


I have used one of Sally-Ann's cupcake download images and have paperpieced the bun case to match the backing paper. We used to have bun cases like these a long while ago, but now they are just boring old plain white ones! Then as I bake cakes every week for a tea bar, yesterday I thought I would make some cupcakes to go with the card!

We have a 2 part prize this week, we have the cupcake download from Grab-a-Doodle-Do kindly donated by Sally-Ann. Also a pack of 'silver shadow effect Sakura Pens' which have been donated by Angel Crafts. Wow a fab prize me thinks!!

Why not pop over and get some inspiration from the rest of the design team, take a look their cards are fabulous!!

Here are the cupcakes/buns that I made, the ones with the tops and butterflies have jam and cream in for extra naughtiness!! I must admit they tasted as scrummy as they look, needless to say they didn't last long at all!!

6 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is gorgeous Joanne and the cupcakes sure look yummy too. My girls would love it to snow again here.. they had so much fun, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Tara said...

Oh that's just cruel Joanne, the card is wonderful and the cakes are so mouthwatering! I wish there was such a thing as cyber smell, lol! xx

Chris said...

How can you do it to us LOL! I'm salivating here you know!!! Your card looks good enough to eat too and I love how you paper pieced the cake case, this is how I remember proper fairy cakes with patterned cases and butterflies on top, just how my Mum used to do them and me too every now and again. Fantastic card and cakes. Chris x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card but what fabulous yummy ckaes.

maxine said...

Great card and those cupcakes look so yummy.

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Oh WOW! I'd hadn't thought about paper piecing the case - what a fab idea - the card is stunning Joanne! ...and as I'm a cake girl, I would eat all of those cakes very quickly - they look scrumptious! xx