Friday 6 February 2009

A few piccies from yesterday

After thinking the snow had gone with it clearing all barr our snowman on Wednesday, we woke yesterday to a winter wonderland, yes at 5am when hubby opened the curtains his response was "oh bl**dy lovely"! The roads were white and he had to go to work, he drives an HGV for a skip hire company. I phoned the school and yep it was shut again, so we had a bit of a lay in, then got dressed and went outside for some more piccies.
A ready made snowball!!
Lillie's snowball in flight!Posing in the snow! with the remainder of the snowman we made on Monday in the background!Then in the afternoon Lillie asked if she could do some cooking with me, ugghh... I can't stand the mess they make, but thought it would keep them busy for a while. Here is Hollie forming her dough, and Lillie beating her mixture.Hollie with her cheese scones, and they tasted better than any I've made before!and Lillie with her melting moments, they both rolled the mixture in the oats and added the cherries whilst Hollie's scones were baking.This morning I rang the school and they were open, so off we went treading very carefully through the patches of remaining snow and slush. It was drizzling, then not long after I had returned home it looked as though it was raining with the occassional snowflake, then it turned to snow and it fell quite heavily, it settled even though it was wet. When I arrived at nursery to pick Hollie up one of the assistants laughed at me as I looked like a snowman/woman, the snow had settled on my hat, coat and scarf!!! After getting Hollie rugged up for the walk home, we went and collected Lillie as they were allowed to leave early if we wished to take them, I did as if it kept up all afternoon it wasn't going to be too nice when it came to picking her up at 3.10pm, would you believe it stopped after lunch and we've not had anymore yet!

1 comment:

Jill said...

aww Joanne your girls are gorgeous, they look very happy to be cooking with mum hugs Jill x