Friday 12 February 2010

Are you feeling the love?

There is so much love around in blogland at the moment, must be the time of year lol!!
When Hollie my youngest went to put her book bag in her tray at school, there was an envelope with 'To Hollie, love Henry' written on it and inside was a chocolate heart lollie!!! Alright for some heh, if I remember correctly she got a valentine from him last year to. aah sweet heh!

I have made this card following Nicola's lovely sketch over on her Pretty in Ink blog, as she says it's a way to use up some of the many scraps of paper we all have so many of! I have used one of the fabby freebie images from Crafty Musings, I used the grey tones image (it is also in colour) and just coloured the girls hair band red to match in with the other red elements which I think works well. I'm having a tought time choosing which card/s to give to hubby on Sunday! I still have another to show but will save that until next week as I know that I am going to give him that for our wedding anniversary which is on the 20th!Cute Card Thursday's challenge is 'In the name of love' so using one of the past Pollycraft freebie images and some freebie download paper I put together the next 2 cards for my girls! They are spending the weekend at Nannie and Grandads so they can open these on Sunday morning, I also got some 'love bug' choccies from Tesco and a couple of Valentines muffins out of Morrisons for them to!
and finally, my entry for the current Cupcake Crafts challenge which is 'red and white all over'. Here is a gift I have wrapped for hubby, I had a bit of the paper left over, so not wanting to waste any, I decided to make a tag, well, it's more like a small card really as I wanted to have a border of hearts all around the image! The image was sent to me by my dear friend Becky, she knows how much I love images and this one was just perfect with my paper!


9 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Joanne! They are all fantastic!
Love the red and grey combo it looks amazing! and the cards that you made for your girls are just adorable!
I don't suppose hubby will mind what card he receives, as it looks like you are both gonna have a fun weekend anyway, if the girls are going to be at Nannie and Grandads LOL!
Oh! and lucky Hollie! I wish I could find chocolate lollipops in my bag! LOL!
I'll go and link up your card, thanks so much for joining in!
Hugs
Nicola

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Joanne, there is nothing more heart wrenching than a young love story! thank you for sharing.

Wow hunny you've been busy with so many gorgeous cards i am loving them all. fabulous images and great detail. Hope you are well and looking forward to the hafl term break! i can't wait for some lay ins! have a good weekend hug sLinda x

Donna said...

A perfect make for this weeks challenge, fab heart wrapping paper...thanks for joining us at Cupcake :) Donna x

Leann said...

These are gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us on CCT this week :D
Hugs,
Leann x

Catherine said...

That wrapping paper is fab and matches to perfection your coloured image ! Thanks for joining us at Cupcakecraft ! Smiles from Catherine

Liza said...

Fabulous work. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Victoria said...

oooh fab card - great use of the leftover paper, works brilliantly

Great to see you at Cupcake Craft this week
Hugs
Victoria
x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Joanne, what a sweet little gift tag. The image is adorable and coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Tasha said...

Wow these are all fantsatic - love them
love tasha xx