Saturday 19 April 2008

Father's day card!

I got around to making the card with the image I watercoloured yesterday, I bought the wood mounted stamp from a seller on ebay, it was cheap hence me buying it!! Ideal I thought for 'Father's day' so here is the card I have made it for my dad because he has 2 grand-daughters and 2 grandsons. I really like it, it's one of those -the more you look at it the more you like it cards!! This is also my card for Cute Card Thursdays the theme this week is 'It's a man's world' to make a card for the/a man in your life!

I got complemented on my cooking today by the window fitter!! Matthew has me supplying the builders/renerders/window fitters/roofers etc with bacon rolls and drinks to keep them happy!! The window fitter came to help Matthew fit the windows (obviously) we had bought them but he was unsure of how to fit them properly and I said I 'wanted' it done properly not bodged LOL...!! The window man phoned when he was on the way and told Matthew he would pick him up and take him for breakfast, so shortly after he arrived I gave them both a bacon, sausage and egg sandwich with a coffee, he was very happy and said if it were his wife no one would get anything!!! So then I set to baking my cake order, 6 plus 1 for my auntie and 1 for Matthew and Lillie's pack up, then I've been wanting to make a fruit cake I used to make a long while ago out of the Be-ro recipe book, it's a quick cake a bit like a madera with fruit not your christmassy type, and boy is it yummy, Matthew had 2 pieces and he doesn't particulary like fruit cake!!

Tomorrow the fun starts with the extension, we are knocking through from our bedroom aaarrgghh.....!! We've had to have a change around with the bed etc to make way for the hallway to be made, oh my goodness the mess it's going to make doesn't bare thinking about. Good news is we've found a shower the right size that will actually fit the en-suite with sliding doors and it's half the price of the one we originally liked but had the wrong opening for the door!

8 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Great card, such a cute image. Love the Lollipop song! Hugs, Nikki x

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

great card, who would not like to have such a big beardad?

Jilli said...

Fab card!

Sandy said...

Wow wonderful card. So gorgeous.

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, that is such a cute stamp.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

your card is fantastic and wonderful

Deb said...

Gorgeous card Joanne, love it, how appropriate for your Dad!

Glad the building work is going well!
thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Richelle said...

cute card...love the bear family!

and your cakes look yummy!
Richelle