Monday 14 September 2009

Harvest at Jimmy's, James Martin and some cards!

Yesterday hubby and I went to Harvest at Jimmy's, for those of you who don't know of Jimmy Doherty and his rare breeds pig farm you can see all the info here http://www.jimmysfarm.com/ . My main reason for wanting to go was because my favourite chef James Martin http://www.jamesmartinchef.co.uk/pcc.asp?xpath=&xpathid=&lang=eng . We arrived about an hour early so weren't too far back in the queue. Gates opened at 11am and we headed straight to where the food demonstrations were, got our timetable of events and went from there. So a hog roast roll later and we were at the Farmhouse kitchen tent sat on a bale of straw, with 3/4 hour to wait for the first demo!! After seeing how small the area was it was a done decision that this was our spot for the day! I felt sorry for hubby having to sit there but he went for a burger and a walk just for a break, as for me I sat on that bale of straw for 6 hours solid, my poor bum!!!!
Jimmy (left) kicked things off by introducing Paul Kelly (right) a bronze turkey breeder, he's in the guinness book of records twice, as the fastest turkey plucker and the fastest turkey carver!!!
after the demo of how to cook, carve and make a leftovers recipe, Jimmy asked if anyone would like a turkey! I got chosen along with 3 others to go up on stage! Then we were told that Paul did great turkey impressions, OMG that's what we had to do, and frisky turkeys too, both male and female!!!! Talk about embarrassing, lets just say Jimmy asked if I was married and told hubby he was a lucky fella! Then the audience got to cheer for the best, and I must admit I got the biggest cheer by far!!! So that's the turkey sorted for christmas all we need to get are the veggies etc nice one, thanks guys!! We also each received a signed book from Jimmy and Paul.
another demo we had was from Galton Blackiston who is a chef from our neck of the woods, I've seen him on the tele and not really liked him, but he wasn't too bad. another demo was from James Wong (Grow your own Drugs) he made a bath bomb and a cream for excma (sp?) I felt a bit sorry for him as they seemed a bit disorganized when it came to him, but he admitted that he is used to filming in front of 1 camera and 1 sound man and not a big crowd bless him.
During the sitting and waiting around (on my bale) we spotted the arrival of James M so I nicked off round the side of the stage along with a couple of others and called him over to sign my books, bless him in total he signed my 2 books, my lanyard, my Cadogan & James bag (which I got from his deli in June) and his new book which I purchased after his 2nd performance. I think he looked the best I have seen him, mmmm....... yummy...!!!we had dems from a local Master Chef runner up and a chef who runs one of Jamie Oliver's 'Fifteen' restaurants.
Gennaro Contaldo was hilarious, he came on with sunglasses on and started to do a strip, all the time there was banter from him and James, it was sooo... funny!
James with his famous spun sugar! a piccie of me and my fantasy husband lol!

and last one, phwooaarrr......!!!!!!


Right now onto some cards which I've not had time to put on here.
This one is too late for the Papertake Weekly challenge but thought I'd show it anyway
This one is for the Sugar Bowl challenge, a lovely sketch and the colours pink & brown Next is my card for the Sketch Saturday challengeand last but not least is my card for Kellie's sketch challenge

JOANNE X

8 comments:

Vee said...

Hi Joanne OOOOH!!I'm soooo jealous... you lucky thing I Love James Martin he's gorgeous...fab pics,glad you enjoyed your day sounds fab. Love your cards too.
xx Vee

Becky said...

What a great time you had Joanne and fabby pics too! I'd previously heard that JM was really miserable so it's nice to hear that the rumours are wrong lol!!
I used to love watching things like Ready Steady Cook, haven't watched a cooking programme for some time now, all we have on our telly at the mo is kiddy programmes or Top Gear lol!!
Love Becky xx

stephanne said...

Wow, this post is action-packed. Looks like you had a fun weekend, poor bum though!! All of your cards are wonderful, but I am rightfully biased in admiring your entry for KSC the most, lol!! I love that image and it suits the sketch wonderfully!! Great papers and colours too!! Thanks for playing with us, hope to see you back next time around!!
Stephanne

Lilian said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with your *fantasy husband* lol! Wonderful to hear you had a great time!

Your cards are so pretty! Love the pinks & browns on your Gorjuss card! Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards but still drooling over your fantasy husband.
luv
Debby

Dawny P said...

Oh these are so gorgeous chick. Love the images and colours and you did a fab job with the sketch :) Thank you for joining us over at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxx Re JM, well my abiding memory of him was when he and some of the other celeb chefs did The Full Monty for Children In Need!!!!

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh I love your card for Kellie's Challenge. You did a wonderful job and I just love your other projects too.
mwah
Trace

Kellie said...

WOW you are a busy lady! I love what you have done with the sketch and that images are just so cute to boot! Thank you so much for playing along with my sketch and I hope to see you back again next month when we do it all again. xx