Tuesday 9 February 2010

A Spoon Full of Sugar - Challenge 90

We have a recipe challenge this week at A Spoon Full of Sugar, the ingredients are :
1 patterned paper / 1 embossing / 1 button / 1 ribbon
The design team were each sent a Whimsy stamp to play with and I got this sweet little snow person. After finding the folding instructions for this card last week I just had to make another card (1st attempt in yesterdays post!), I stamped the image twice so that I could 3d the hat and scarf, I would have done the bird aswell but didn't think it needed it. The embossing part of the recipe had me stumped and then I thought I would have a go at running the whole image through my cuttlebug using the swiss dots folder to make it look as though it were snowing!! The ribbon is some sticky ribbon from my stash and I threaded a little bit of string through the holes of the button as they were a bit big to be left with nothing! I do like this card a lot and may well be making several more just like it for christmas (nearer the time me thinks!!).here is a sideways piccie, I didn't have enough of the paper to do a complete layer on the side panels, so hubby sugested some cut out snowflakes would look good, so that's what I did!!
So if you haven't already guessed with us receiving Whimsy stamps to play with, our sponsors this week are ............ Whimsy Stamps, for prize details please check out the blog, and whilst there don't forget to have a peek at the rest of the DT cards which are as always just fab!!
I would like to enter my card for the Secret Crafter challenge which is 'monochrome'.
Have a good day!

10 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the shape and sweet snowman.
luv
Debby

COCO said...

nice card !!!!
hugs coco

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Joanne, Love the shape and i just love the idea of popping the snowman through the swiss dots folder.Hugs Debbie x

Pretty-In-Ink said...

I LOVE it Joanne! The snowman looks great with the popped up hat and scarf, and the idea to emboss it to look like snow is fab!
Love your husbands clever idea too! very creative!
Hugs
Nicola

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Joanne, love the snowman!
Clairex

Becky said...

Wow Joanne! Your card is so beautiful!! I was admiring it on the challenge blog yesterday, love the shape again and thanks for showing it from the side, now I know how to make one lol!!
Hope you and the girls are good!
Love Becky xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks

I Found This great resource on [url=http://entunit.multiply.com/journal/item/1/1][b]Entertainment Unit[/b][/url]

Hope you enjoy the read as much as I did.

Cheers

Roc

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys
I've been around here for a while now, and I finally found something worth writing about: I found a great deal on custom [url=http://www.milesgershon.com][b] Wood Entertainment Centers[/b][/url]. These guys have 24/7 call-in service and they installed AND delivered my custom [url=http://www.milesgershon.com][b] TV Armoires [/b][/url]all for Free!!! I just bought from them, and I've never had a more seamless internet buy -they ACTUALLY called me to confirm the order and talk about delivery time… unreal!

Have a good One

Anonymous said...

Hello

I wanted to share with you a wonderful site I just came across teaching [url=http://www.kravmagabootcamp.com][b]Krav Maga[/b][/url] For All Levels If you guys have seen the Tv Show called Fight Quest you would have seen their chief instructor Ran Nakash there featured on their [url=http://www.kravmagabootcamp.com][b]Krav Maga[/b][/url] episode. Anyways, let me know what you think. Is training via the internet something you would do?


regards

Joe

Anonymous said...

Wassup

I'm interested to learn [url=http://www.maxkravmaga.com][b]Krav Maga[/b][/url]. I have some MMA experience and I'm wondering if Krav Maga is right for me. I'm looking for a mix of [url=http://www.MaxKravMaga.com][b]Self Defense[/b] and a [url=http://www.MaxKravMaga.com][b]Krav Maga Workout[/b][/url]

I would appreciate any advice

regards

Lee