Monday 11 August 2008

Here little donkey!

In between tracking down a donkey (more later!), painting, cooking I managed to make 1 card which covers 3 challenges, yeah love it when that happens! I think I may just be in time for the 'christmas' challenge at My Time to Craft, christmas is also the theme for this week over at Tilda and Co. and Papertake Weekly want us to 'button it'! I used last weeks sketch from Saturday Sketchers (so it was nearly 4 challenges!)

Yesterday we decided to go to a carboot sale and combine this with another trip to the farm, as the carboot was on the carpark!! Glad we went as I got Lillie a pair of tap shoes for £1.50 hardly a mark on them and the lady said they have brand new heel taps on them and they are £15 a pair, these can be taken off and put on another pair of shoes if needs be, so bargain!! The weather was pants, it rained on and off, not heavily thank goodness and the wind was really strong. We had our picnic lunch (indoors!) then had a wander round to see the animals before letting the girls have a while playing on the play area but in the end I got fedup with getting blown away so we left. Just along the road from the farm there were signs for steam engine rides at a fund raiser, so we decided to have a look. It was only a small do, but quite a few people considering we got there at 4pm and it ended at 5pm, Matthew got talked into taking part in a game where he had to one handedly remove pegs from a line and see how many he could keep in his hand, he won with 19 pegs prize =£5 we were lucky on the tombolla to, winning a drill set, bottle of beer and bottle of wine! We had a fun ride on the model steam train, the tracks went around the grounds into a woodland area and through a tunnel which was really dark, the girls loved it!

and would you believe, I hardly ever think to check the phone for messages, but last night when I went to bed I did 1571 and there was a message telling us that I had won a 'donkey' at the fair!!! I had had a go at the treasure map, I put a pin in at a place called Wiveton (I thought I am a wife/wive!) and I was the closest, woo...hoo... the donkeys were so cute, obviously toys not the real mcoy I hassen to add!! They stand about 2ft tall. Anyhow in my shock and excitement to rush and replay the message to Matthew I pressed 3 and deleted the message, so when I went to play it to him there was no message aarrgghhhh....... I only got the dialing code not the contact no. boy was I mad at myself, why didn't I put the mobile no. they left the message at 5.05pm we were still there!!! Long story short after several phone calls and a call back this afternoon my donkey has been tracked down and will be picked up tomorrow when Matthew goes to pick up the carpet and lino. I can't wait to see the look on the girls faces as they don't know! Lillie had a rocking horse when she was younger Hollie didn't have one so this will be hers. I'll post a picture tomorrow once we've got it.

I will leave you with what I think is an amuzing picture of the girls which I took at the farm yesterday, this just proves I wasn't lying about the weather, just look at that sky!!

There are 2 places I 'have' to take picture when we go there, along the grass path like the picture I showed in a previous post and on this tree stump! It just has to be done, and one day I will get a cracking picture (I hope!).


19 comments:

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card Joanne! Well done on doing nealy 4 challenges lol!! Thanks for joining us for the PTW one! x

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card Joanne! Congratulations on winning a donkey and the photo is fab lol!

Lesley said...

Fab card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Joanne and well done covering 4 challenges with one card, Sounds like you were on a winning streak, hope it continues hugs Jill x

made by fifi said...

great card - thank you for joining in the MTTC challenge this week x

made by fifi said...

great card - thank you for joining in the MTTC challenge this week x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Joanne and I love the picture of the kiddies too.. Hope you get your donkey hun, Hugs, Nikki x

Mandy said...

great card Joanne

Mandy

Unknown said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. I have browsed through yours and you do beautiful work. Your girls are so cute.
patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

mueppi said...

Die Karte ist wunderschön!!!!!

Sue said...

Fabby card Joanne,really cute image and cute girls too:)

sue
xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Lovely card ,so cute ,Dawnxx

Classroomfree said...

Fab :o) Thanks for joining in with the challenge!

Jules x

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day and won your donkey too (even though you've had to track him down).

Love the card.

xxxxxxx

Bev said...

Sweet card Joanne, love it!!

Kate T said...

great card, tilda is looking fab!
(great pic of your girls. typical summers weather!)
Kate x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card.
Glad I'm not the only one who deletes messages without taking the phone no.

hulda beib said...

Great work on this week challenge... love the colors in your card.

LOUISE said...

Luv your card! Image is cute! Louise x