Saturday 25 April 2009

Fun time

Ooooo it's not so nice out today, we've had a lovely sunny week but today it's a bit overcast and pretty chilly, guess I'll just have to stay indoors and craft lol as if we need excuses!!
This card is made using the fab sketch from Lili of the Valley and it also passes for the 'getting edgy' challenge over at Cute Card Thursday as I've torn all the edges of my papers!Does anyone remember the Clangers? I do vaguely, but to my surprise when opening my mail a couple of days ago I was one of the winners of the QCME 'The Crafthouse Press' competitions and received various 3d sheets of Bagpuss, The Clangers and Ivor the Engine with matching backing papers and a sheet of The Clangers stamps!! What a surprise, I enter these competitions with no hope of winning them! I must admit I wasn't as excited with the prize as my hubby was, he was an avid watcher of The Clangers when he was a youngster and apparantly his dad used to do a pretty good impression of them!!!

7 comments:

Deb said...

Gorgeous card, I used to love the clangers but bagpuss was my fave! many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a fab weekend! Debx

Roxy said...

Lovely card! much brighter than the weather today huh! I watched the clangers too!
I'm off to do some craft shopping - what else am I going to do with this chilly weather?! Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it

Have a great weekend!

Sally said...

Lovely card! Fabulous colors.

Allison said...

cute card
AllisonX

Crafting Diva said...

Lovely card Joanne and well done on your win can't wait to see what you make with your prize!!!

cats whiskers said...

Oh well done hun, I loved the clangers, especially the soup dragon. I love this sweet card your colouring is perfect as is that spotty paper
Hugs Jacqui x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) The image and the paper are just fabulous !!!

Thanks for joining the Lili of the Valley Challenge :-)
Lorraine x x