Tuesday 8 June 2010

Perfect cards for Fathers Day -well for my hubby anyway!!


I found a new craft shop last week it was crammed full of delights but I couldn't have a good ole look around as the girls were with me and always have to have a touch of things although I ask them not to. Can you believe I only bought 1 thing!?! It was a decoupage sheet by Kanban which included a blank card which is A5 when made up, an envelope as well as the die-cut decoupage sheet. My hubby has an old Morris Minor car, ugghh I hate it, to me it's an old persons car, thankfully it's not been in action since before we got together, it sits in the yard where he works! He has been desperate to get it home so he can work on it and get it road worthy again, oh noooo.......... he has been wanting to do this since we got together nearly 10 years ago, I want him to SELL IT lol!!!! Anyway as soon as I saw the Kanban sheet I couldn't believe it was even the same colour! (he wanted to paint it bright red or yellow but his ex wouldn't let him so it ended up a cornflower blue, I think if it were bright red it would funk it up a bit!).
I believe the kit was meant to make only the one card but I managed to squeeze 2 out of it lol!! This one is actually the decoupaged one with 4 layers and on the card that was provided.This one is made from the bits I kept back and is actually the one I like best even if it does have that awful car on it!! This card is an 8x8 scalloped blank and was really quite nice to make a bigger card for a change as I am so used to my 5x5's!
I would like to enter these cards into the Creative Cottage Happy Fathers Day challenge and also the Simon Says Fathers Day/male card challenge (if it qualifies not having a stamped image?).

3 comments:

Suzie McFloozy said...

Well done for squeezing the most out of this set they both look great.
Perfect for fathers day x
Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge blog this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

debby4000 said...

Oh these are fabulous Joanne.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

well I like the car :)
and the cards are fab