Tuesday 14 September 2010

'Puck'er birthday!!

Both of my nephew's have become big skaters over the summer holidays and are both on roller hockey teams, so I started looking for roller hockey images to see if I could find anything suitable to use for my cards. Ethan will be 8 in November so have made his cards well in advance lol!! The size of this card is 8x8 and was a bit of a challenge as about 80% of my paper pads are only 6x6 but using the Papertake sketch from last week it fitted quite well!! The red layer is once again a recycled envelope cut down!! I did the sentiment on the pc and it fits the 'Play on Words' over at Cute Card Thursday. I'm really happy with how the card has turned out, I always love the black, white and red colour combo and think the image is pretty cool to!

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday when I picked Hollie up from school, she came out and said to me that her teacher wanted to see me! My reaction was "oh s**t, have you been naughty!" she replied "no mum". He told me that he was so happy with how fantastically Hollie had gone back to school and taken to the new classroom, and way of learning really really well, and that her work is so very neat! He remembers, as well we do the many weeks of tears and days of leaving her in the classroom all upset, we've had no inkling of that this term. I'm so pleased and thought it was really nice for him to acknowledge this.

No comments: