Wednesday 7 July 2010

When life gives you lemons!

I've got a couple of cards to show today, the first one has just literally been finished! I'm hoping to catch the Cute Card Thursday 'let's get fruity' challenge before it closes! I have used a freebie image and sentiment from the Doodle Pantry which i think are great! The papers are from a pad I've had for ages and the foam flowers are from Poundland which I got on Sunday.Another very simple card here, this time circle shaped, I was going to make it into an easel card but thought I would just simply try a circle instead. The image is a recent Sugar Nellie freebie, I have glittered the coat but it doesn't show up in the piccie. Getting the card to balance was fun, I started off with the green button on the left then added the 3 to the bottom right thinking it might balance, wrong!!! So I added a couple more smaller buttons either side of the green one and cut a tiny bit off of the bottom of the card to make it stand level!! I haven't added a sentiment as yet as I'm not sure which occassion to use it for, it could be 'Thank you' (for one of the girls teachers) - 'Happy Birthday to ewe' - 'For ewe' - 'miss you' etc. This is my entry for the current Sketch and Stash challenge as I have followed their sketch.
Well that's it for now, work for me in half an hour, hopefully it will be a little cooler today as it's dull outside, although it's still pretty damn hot in that kitchen!!!

4 comments:

debby4000 said...

Adorable cards Joanne, such a sweet images.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

love the circle card

Becky said...

Oh wow Joanne, what a great couple of cards!! Your sheep card is just so sweet! I'm really glad that you rose to the challenge this fortnight he he!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!! xx

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Joanne I love the sentiment on the first one thanks for joining in the fun at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx