Monday 20 February 2012

Happy 10th Wedding Anniversary to us!

Yes as you can tell from my post title it is mine and hubbys 10th wedding anniversary today.  It doesn't seem real, the time has flown by, but then sometimes it feels like we've been together for 30years lol!!!
I wouldn't change a thing (well just 1 and he and our friends know what that is!) but other than that I would be lost without him, he is my life, my love, my bestest friend in the whole world, we just wish we had met 10 years earlier!!
We got married at Gretna Green in Scotland with our close family with us and it was a really lovely day.  My dad thought we were absolutely mad planning to get married in Scotland in February, but we had sunshine of our special day, just a few spots of rain when we were coming to the end of having our photo's taken in the hotel garden!
We got married on the 20-02-2002 at 2.02pm (shoud've been 2pm but the vicar waited to make it more special, the old blacksmiths shop wouldn't have been open at 20.02pm!) a very special day date wise (that's why I chose it) but little did I know how special!

As the clock ticks over from 8:01PM on Wednesday, February 20th, 2002,

time will (for sixty seconds only) read in perfect symmetry.
To be more precise: 20:02, 20/02, 2002.
It is an event which has only happened once before, and is something
which will never be repeated. The last occasion that time read in such
a symmetrical pattern was long before the days of the digital watch (or
the 24-hour clock): 10:01AM, on January 10, 1001.
And because the clock only goes up to 23:59, it is something that will
never happen again.

It got me an appearance on Richard and Judy on the eve of our wedding via phone link, and the following day we appeared as one of the weddings on the Scottish news!!  such a shame we don't have a record of this though, just a memory!
We intended to go back and renew our vows on our 5th anniversary but that passed, and then we always said we would do it on our 10th anniversary!  But we are both working, it's a week day and we just didn't organize it, which in a way we are pleased about because of the snow just lately!  We WILL do it 'one' day, probably not this year as we have an expensive holiday in the pipeline for my 'big' birthday celebration......... 

2 comments:

xxxtglxxx said...

What a lovely post Joanne :) I hope you had a brilliant anniversary too!

We got married at Gretna Green (18 yrs ago) but I can never remember the date, I just remember it was a Bank Holiday in England, so we always celebrate our anniversary on BH monday - a date that varies! LOL!!

hugs

xxalisonxx

** Isa ** said...

Congratulations on your anniversary Sweetie... A bit late as usual xxx {{{HUGS}}} xxx