Friday 4 July 2008

Surprise!

I have made a card which combines 2 challenges, first off I used the sketch from Carole for Friday Sketchers challenge, and the challenge over at Stamp Something is to 'Dazzle' you can just make out the sparkle on the hearts but the image has been painted with my pearl paints so her dress, shoes and wings have a shimmer to them and all around the image are dots of glitter which do not show up at all!! I have also added a gem embellishment to her dress as there was an ink mark on it that I wanted to cover up! quite a simple card, but I think it's quite cute!

I think we have worked out why Lillie is being awkward about going to school. Yesterday she came out without her cardigan (nothing new!) so I asked her to go back in and look for it, her teacher who was at the door said she had been in tears a few minutes earlier after an incident she didn't witness with the other Lily. She told me that there is a 'big power struggle' going on between my Lillie and the other Lily at the moment. They are usually very good friends and play together at school, do ballet together and Lillie had a lovely day with her during half term. But now something has gone wrong, the other Lily is rather dominant and knows what she wants and gets it, whereas my Lillie is a bit of a lala but it sounds like she is standing her ground. What a situation, she said they were not friends again today! I know they will sort it out I'm sure. I am assisting the children on the trip to the train station on Monday so I will see how they are then. Thought it was about time I helped out as this school year is nearly over and I haven't helped out yet! My excuse is I have Hollie to look after to!
I am trying to think what I can do/make for 'thank you's' for Lillie's teachers, time is running out fast!



25 comments:

mueppi said...

Deine Karte gefällt mir sehr gut!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi said...

What a cute card-love the girly colors

Hugs from
Heidi

Sandra said...

neat card!

Sunny

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Joanne, the colours go so well together and such a cute image. Hugs Nikki x

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the soft pastel colours yo have used and the added sparkle

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Beautiful card! Great colors I can't see that it is a quickie.... Thanks for joining in. Hope your daughter's struggle with the other Lily is soon over and she can go to school happy!!! Love from Holland.

Sue said...

hi Joanne,you're right it is cute, i love it:-)

Sue
xx

cats whiskers said...

Hi Joanne thanks for your comments on the blog, that Diamond Fold card was on U Tube - Diamond Fold Card it was smaller than the one I made I just adapted it by playing around
Hugs Jacqui x

Anonymous said...

Super card, lovely image and fabulous papers! Thanks for trying my sketch this week at FS.
Carole ;o)

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie!

xxxxxxxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super cute card! Love the layout and colors. The image is very sweet. Great shimmering hearts too. Thanks for playing along with our challenge. :)

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, pretty colours and I love the sparkly bits

My Time To Craft Challenge said...

Love the little gems!!! good one Joanne.
Kate xxxx

Bev said...

This is lovely Joanne, the colours are yummy!

Rach said...

love the colours that you have used on this one, and your image is sweet. great idea to use the gems for bubbles. hugs rach.xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card, love the papers and image Jill x

Karin said...

What a cutie. love this little Tilda, and the papers are so girly.

xoxo Karin

Zoe said...

Gorgeous card Joanne. I love the Tilda you have used.
zoe
xxxx

Han said...

Lovely card the papers and layout are fab xx

cats whiskers said...

Brill card again, love the colours
Hugs \jacqui x

Erin... said...

So sweet and adorable!! love the little hearts! thanks for playing!!

My Paper World said...

It's totally adorable Joanne!
Such a cute image and pretty colours too!
Sorry that I have been a bad blogger lately!
Hugs! xx

Alison said...

Such a cute card, lovely.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Great colors I can't see that it is a quickie.... Thanks for joining in. Hope your daughter's struggle with the other Lily is soon over and she can go to school happy!!! Love from Portugal!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Great colors I can't see that it is a quickie.... Thanks for joining in. Hope your daughter's struggle with the other Lily is soon over and she can go to school happy!!! Love from Portugal!