Tuesday 22 July 2008

So Sweet

The very lovely Katharina is opening up her own stamp company called Whiff of Joy, she has a lady called Alison Acton on board who's characters are Charlotte and Charlie, and also the very talented Elisabeth Bell who's designs I adore!! So I cannot wait, pop over to Karathrina's blog (link on the right) and take a look at Charlotte and Charlie they are so cute, and whilst you are there Katharina is running a naming competition for Elisabeth's characters there is a wonderful image a young girl with a mug of hot chocolate (a must have!!).
Katharina is also hosting a competition to find a guest designer to join the team every couple of months, there is a sketch on the blog which she wants you to make a card from, so here is my effort, I used my new Sugar Nellie, Elisabeth Bell design, Pen Pal stamp I just love her attitude she reminds me soooo.... much of my girls!! I kept the colours quite neutral for this one and I kinda like it.
and would you believe it, Katharina has also designed the sketch for this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge (there is no stopping this lady!). Here is an atc I made using the sketch, sorry for the awful picture I just couldn't get the lighting right and gave up trying!

Well that's it another school year over, Lillie is no longer a reception pupil and will go back in September as a Year 1, Hollie has another year at nursery sadly the little friends she has made all move up there are only 2 of them staying!! Lillie's class had a presentation assembly this morning, we were invited to watch, all of the children were given rossette's (the ribbons amuzed us!! obviously modified horsey ones Lol..!) and certificates with their achievements on. Then we got to have a biscuit before we left, Lillie was so happy to be one of the helpers going around with a plate of biscuits, perhaps a waitress in training, heh I did it for 4 years!!
All day long I have been thinking it's Friday, thinking we'll be grocery shopping later, and won't need to do Matthews packing up for work, looking for challenges that start on a Friday, even more fuelled when Matthew just arrived home 2 hours earlier than usual, which made me think oh yes he has the dentist (on Friday!). Must be going mad!! They have given him the day off tomorrow as there isn't much on, which is nice I love having him home, so it's painting for us, be it inside or out I'm not sure, will see what the weather is doing.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful images - yes, you're right. Nice to see some new ones out.

Lovely work.

xxxxxxxxxx

Katharina Frei said...

Oh Joanne! those 2 are just too gourgeous! I love the soft colours of the first card and doing an ATC following my sketch is truly amazing. Thanks also for your kind words!!
Katharina x

Sue said...

Briliant! fabby images and colours:-)

sue
xx

mueppi said...

Deine Karte ist wunderschön!!!

I have something for you on my blog!
Hugs Gisela

Bev said...

Wow, gorgeous cards Joanne

tracie said...

gorgeous cards Joanne, love them both :)x

Mandy said...

great ATC Joanne!!

Mandy

Gill said...

Fabulous card, lovely soft colours and my fav stamp of the moment, great ATC, what a fab idea
lv Gill x

Dawn Wheeler said...

wow 2 fabulous cards ,realy gorgeous ,Dawnxxx

Alison said...

Fab Joanne, just seen you in my quick cards mag. I thought, I'm sure I have seen that picci before, lol had to check it with your blog picci and it is you. Great tip too.

Arline said...

Fabulous cards! Very sweet!xx

cats whiskers said...

Wow this is fantastic I love the colours and you have coloured her beautifully. Best of luck
Hugs Jacqui x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Great cards Joanne and I love the cute girly image, Good luck with Katharina's GD call. Hope your girls have a great summer, Hugs, Nikki x

Jilli said...

fab image and great card!

nessy said...

adorable creations!! love the papers you have used ,and such cute images!! ~fab!
vanessa xx

My Time To Craft Challenge said...

a fab set of work hun!
Love Kate xxxx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Joanne I love the glass bubble on the Top card it's fab Jill x

Mrs Mayne said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge! x