Friday 7 November 2008

Anything but a card and an award!

The Dutch Dare challenge this week is 'Anything but a card' I had a bagalope folded ready to decorate, then decided to make a bookmark instead! I had seen this style done on someone's blog, sorry can't remember who's, I loved it, so here is my effort, apologies for the bad pictures again! This also qualifies for the Cute Card Thursday 'fairy and angels' challenge!Jacqui kindly sent me this Whiff of Joy image, oh how I love it, and just perfect for a bookmark!
I have been inspired by Rach who makes the most wonderful cards, she not only decorates the front but all sides of her cards and they look fab. So I have simply arranged some of the dp papers on the inside
and also the back
Hope you like it as much as I do, needless to say it's 'mine' even though the only books I read are cookery books! (craft mags, tv mags and OK!)

I have been lucky enough to receive the following award from Crafting Diva, thank you Lisa! It's lovely to know people take time out to look at my blog and to receive awards like this makes it all worth while!
I am meant to select people to pass this onto, but never know who to select, so if you are reading this at the moment and would like to take the award feel free!
Finally Cathy is celebrating passing 10,000 hits to her blog by giving away a lovely bundle of candy which includes a yummy Magnolia stamp, there's also a runners up prize to. Take a look here, congratulations Cathy :0)

9 comments:

Jill said...

aww Joanne this is gorgeous and congratulations on your award hun, sorry I haven't left many comments for you lately it's been a busy time of one lately but your cards are gorgeous take care Jill xx

Rach said...

Hi Joanne,
love your bookmark, it looks fabulous and what a perfect choice of image for the job, beautifully coloured.
love the work you have done to the inside and back as well. ;)
big hugs Rachxx

Andrea, said...

Oh this is so pretty, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Sally said...

That is lovely Joanne Good luck with the challenge

cats whiskers said...

Wow like it I love it such great cilouring and I love the way you have decorated the inside and back of this great bookmark. I wish you could remeber whos blog it was
Hugs Jacqui x

Sandra said...

Very nice,
thanks for joining us at the dutch dare
~Sandra~

Cathy said...

Such a fab idea and great colours. I love it.
Thank you for joining in the DDCC this week.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Thanks for the link to my candy too - good luck.

Mrs Wonka said...

This is fab! I'm so sorry to hear about poppie!

xxx

Karin said...

Hi Joanne,

fabulous bookmark.
I still use little pieces of paper as a bookmark.
thanks for joining the DDCC.

Have a great day.
xoxo karin