Monday 24 November 2008

Saucy Santa!!!

I have had this decoupage saucy santa made up since last christmas and thought it was about time I used it Lol.! So with this weeks Secret Crafter challenge being 'decoupage' what could be better. The actual card is very basic but I think it looks ok. I have sent it in to Quick Cards Made Easy to wish them a happy christmas, hopefully raise a smile, and with any luck it will be liked enough to win me £100 worth of Paper Cellar goodies (we can only hope!)
When we looked out of the window yesterday morning to see if we had had any of the snow that had been forecast we were a little disappointed to see we had only the tiniest little patches. Mind you we were pleased as we had planned to take the girls to Baytree Nursery to see Father Christmas and then have a wander around the outlet shopping centre in Spalding. Well whilst eating breakfast the snow started and came down quite quickly, we gathered the hats, scarves, winter coats and set off. We thought about turning back as it was settling on the roads and when pulling off from traffic lights we had no grip, but Matthew decided he would keep going, this is the view from the window halfway there this was the worst place though once through it it got clearer and the weather started to brighten up. Here is a picture of Lillie and Hollie with the snowman displayand with Father Christmas and a couple of his reindeerwith 'the' Father Christmas (they know he isn't the 'real' Father Christmas they say he is one of his helpers as the 'real' one is so busy getting ready for christmas eve!)the pressies actually come down the chimney!! They also receive a small christmas tree each which you can see Lillie holding.
There are also real reindeer outside, this one was fabulous he actually posed for the pictures!!
I have to thank Angelswings, Craftymumof3 and Crafting Diva as each of them 'tagged' me

thanks ladies, not sure that you will want to know 7 facts about me but here goes
1) I've been on the Richard and Judy show via phone link!! and the following day on the Scottish News!!
2) I got married at Gretna Green on 20-02-2002 (the date is a pallindrome and a date like this won't be around again for hundreds of years!) So a very special day!
3) I wish I could play the piano
4) My favourite chocolates are M&S cherry liquers mmmmm...... delicious!!
5) I am the oldest of 7 grandchildren
6) I am a hoarder and never seem to have enough room!
7) I used to star in the village pantomine's for years until I started High School then it wasn't cool!

I should now tag 7 people but almost everyone whose blog I visit has already been tagged! So if you haven't been consider yourself tagged.

and finally, I received this lovely PIF from Cathy last week, the card is just gorgeous as are the images
so now it's my turn again. So the first 3 people to comment on this post will receive a PIF candy from myself. You need to have a blog to take part as you will then in turn have to offer PIF candy to the first 3 people to comment on your blog.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to win pif candy! :D to pay it forward may I give away ebook candy? haha
thank you :)

Anonymous said...

hiya hun, what a lovely blog, i'dlove to take part in your pif!! and more than willing to set another pif up on my blog Carly xxx
carlyann85@hotmail.com

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

very nice sants card ;)

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

hugs jane x


PS _ I'd love to be entered for your PIF candy

Donna said...

Brilliant card Joanne and beautifully decoupaged. Thanks for joining us at SCSC again this week :) Donna x

CraftyC said...

A lovely santa card,thanks for joining in this weeks SCSC!
Clairex

Jill said...

very saucy card Joanne, it made me smile thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Anonymous said...

cute Santa...lol

lovely pics of the fair aswell

Simone said...

Yoe have made a funny Santa card!
Simone