Wednesday 26 March 2008

Challenge cards

Been catching up on some blog challenges today and finally got round to using my new stamps. First card is for the Magnolia blog the challenge was to use the template given, I used a butterfly backing paper that I have had for ages so thought I would also add the 3d butterfly instead of my usual flower!!2nd card is for the My Paperworld challenge, this was to also use the template given, I used my footballing Luca and new Dovecraft backing papers, my friend Kay asked if I could make her a Newcastle Utd birthday card for her son, this could be a contender but I have coloured it in the 'away' strip colours as I thought the black and white stripes would be too fidly! If she likes this instead of the usual 3d shirt, footy picture I will add Son or Tom in the top right hand corner.Final card for today is for the Papertake weekly challenge and guess what, it was to follow another template, I LOVE templates as they give you a new idea, sometimes the hardest thing is deciding on the papers!! I used my new Nellie and puppy stamp, I wasn't going to have this one but when I saw her cute out-fit and jeans with the flowers on, I couldn't resist!Also made these little collection of quick cards, all very much the same just different colour ways.
The scaffolders have been today, OMG I can only describe it as feeling like being in prison (not that I would know) you literally walk out of our back door under the scaffolding you certainly need to look where you are walking!! We didn't realise how much or how far round the house they would go, I need to be careful when getting changed in our bedroom as they can now look straight in (not a pretty site!!). So we are all set for the building work to start on the 7th I don't know whether I am excited or worried about it!

We didn't do much at all yesterday, Matthew went to put a fence up for my auntie, whilst I was pulling my hair out at home with the girls, they drove me nuts! Hollie our youngest is getting such a madam, she will NOT do as she is asked or told, she is answering back just so naughty yet she can be the cutest cuddliest little girl other times. So to get out of the house for a while we took Matthew some lunch and stayed for about an hour. After tea my ear started to hurt badly, it was effecting the side of my neck and felt like I had tooth ache that side too, so I dosed myself up on pills and had to swap sides of the bed as I couldn't lie on it. This morning it was a lot better but all round my eye socket that side hurted, it's ok now and although my ear is not right (funny it is actually the left one that hurts!) it's a heck of a lot better than it was.

Well I have been tagged by Mel http://melscreativecorner.blogspot.com/ thank you!

The rules 1.put a link to the person who tagged you 2 . mention the rules to this 3. mention 6 things about you 4. tag 6 other people with linking 5. leave comments on these peoples links that they got tagged

6 things about me 1. I hate coffee 2. I got married at Gretna Green 3. I love shopping! 4. I hate housework 5. I am a horder and can't throw things away! 6. I passed my driving test 1st time.

I am going to tag: Deb's / Fran / Mandy / Kim / Isa / Leonie


16 comments:

Zimtschnecke said...

Wow, such a bunch of gorgeous and cute cards! Great work!

Deb said...

Thanks Joanne, you are so kind, got a busy weekend ahead but will do this in a few days!

Sandy said...

Wow they are so wonderful. Really fabulous cards.

Andrea, said...

Fabulous selection of cards, they are all so cute.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

All of them are sweet and lovely designed

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful - looks like it's been good therapy for your 'imprisonment' and as an antidote to cheeky children - good job we love 'em eh?

xxxxxxxxxx

Frances said...

Thanks Joanne but I've done this (and there's only so much I can think of, I'm not very interesting LOL) thank you anyway!

Mrs Mayne said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

My Paper World said...

Wow! you have been busy Joanne! ALL of your creations are beautiful! but I especially love the footie one!
Thank you so much for joining in!
Nicola xx

Mandy said...

have left you an award on my blog!
Mandy

debby4000 said...

Wow great cards, they're all gorgeous.

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Great card for the papertake weekly, also like the footbalplayer a lot!!

Angie C said...

Lovely cards :-)

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Wow - great cards! Love what you did with the Tilda sketch!

Leonie said...

Joanne, thanks for the tag!!

~ Leonie ~

vavo said...

Bravo très jolies cartes... Scrap bizzzz