Thursday 18 December 2008

2 challenges in 1 and more pics!

Not really finding the time to craft at the mo. but I did get my new Sugar Nellie 'hug a mug' image coloured a few days ago and it has been sitting on my desk crying out to be made into a card. This morning I quickly made the card below using the current sketch (just!) from Friday Sketchers and am also entering it for Cute Card Thursdays who have and 'open theme' this week! She is painted with pearl watercolours so her clothes, earmuffs, gloves and scarf really sparkle, she really is a pretty little thing.Here are the snowman soups that I made for the teachers, as I didn't have any The Snowman stickers left, I found a clipart image and cut it out with my circle punchand her is the back, it saved the girls writing all of the labels and I thought the pictures were a nice touch! I have been thanked by most of them in person and they loved them, and are going to use the idea themselves!! Hollie had her nursery christmas party today, we all contributed to the food, of course I made cakes!! But no ordinary cakes! I had seen a bun christmas tree in the Somerfield magazine and thought what an effective and easy idea, the ones in the shop are really quite small and cost £4 mine are proper sized buns and cost next to nothing. I made a chocolate bun tree and a plain one, what do you think?and finally a couple of pictures of Hollie, her hair is really straight so we decided to have a go at curling it, last night after her bath I tied her hair in rags, I remember having this done by my auntie years and years ago when I was a bridesmaid!and here she is just before going to the partyI took the rags out before we took Lillie to school and several curls had dropped out by the time we got home, so I put half of the rags back in until it was party time, but by the time we got to Nannie and Grandads after school you wouldn't have known we had done it! Ah well it looked pretty for a little while!

BLOG CANDY ALERT
Linda is celebrating nearly reaching 10,000 hits to her blog, and will be picking a winner of her wonderful, omg there is so much, delicious candy when the counter hits 10,000 which won't be too long!! You can see it for yourself here

Dawny is celebrating her half century birthday with a yummy candy giveaway, you can find details here




4 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge. have a good Christmas

Deb said...

fab pics Joanne, love your card, the snowman soups and your tree cakes look delicious. How cute is that curly hair?

Hope you all have a fabulous Christmas!

Naoual said...

Beautiful card Joanne, love the colours you used and the was she sparkles. Your cakes look yummyyy wish I could have a bite LOL.
That curly hair looks sooo cute on your daughter!

xx Naoual

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Love all these creations Joanne - your idea for the tags was fab...and your tree cakes look wonderful.

Your daughter is such a cutie - I have curly hair so I would really like to swap - hee! It's not fun full-time! xx