Thursday 4 December 2008

3 challenges

For this card I have used the sketch which is this weeks Lili of the Valley challenge and as it has the scalloped bottom for which I used my decorative scissors this also qualifies for the Dutch Dare challenge which is to use scalloped edges.
and the following card I have made for a friend who is having a baby girl soon, by adding the heart in the top right corner this means I can enter this into this weeks Cute Card Thursday challenge which is 'hearts'. The heart was in a pack of white buttons and bits I bought from a lady at a carboot, I rubbed the top side with micro dots and then sprinkled it with very fine pink mix glitter and boy does it sparkle, sadly this doesn't show in the photo.I am thrilled to be a lucky winner in Katharina's Advent Calendar prize draw, I won day 2's prize which is a Herb and his girlfriend stamp, wow this is gorgeous! What with my new Sugar Nellie's on the way and now this gorgeous stamp it feels like christmas has come early! For more information on Katharina's advent draw and the gorgeous Whiff of Joy stamps see here
Erica has some fabulous blog candy to giveaway on her blog, she started out celebrating 50,000 hits to her blog but now the counter is heading for 52,000 way to go Erica!! For more information see here

My poor little Hollie is poorly again, they said she wasn't really herself at nursery on Tuesday and came out with tears in her eyes, she said her head was hurting. Yesterday she was a lot better and went to nursery and was fine until the middle of the afternoon then she just laid on the settee, when I felt her she was burning hot, her little eyes kept watering and her nose just didn't stop running. This morning she was brighter again and said that she wanted to go to nursery and was ok, but again this afternoon she's gone really hot again and just lays on the sofa close to tears. The paracetamol suspension that the pharmacist gave me seems to work a treat once it's kicked in and she's now playing with her ds with Lillie. I just hope we can shift this before christmas.

12 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful cards, I love the images, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge. I hope your little girl will be better soon

Hammersue said...

I love the mouse xmas card.
Love the colours too xx

Tara said...

Gorgeous cards Joanne, I hope your little girl soon feels like herself again! xx

Karin said...

Gorgeous Card.
Love the colours and cute image.

Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo Karin

Becky said...

Wow Joanne! Gorgeous cards hon and many congratulations on your winnings!! Poor Hollie, I do hope she gets better soon! I saw you all in Quick Cards the other day, what great photos of you all! Many congratulations!!
Love Becky xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Two gorgeous cards Joanne and love teh images, I hope porr Hollie is feeling better soon, Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Such pretty cards!! The bottom one is so soft and pretty!! TFS! :)

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous cards again I love that little mouse stamp isn't he cute. Congrats on winning the Advent Calendar, hope you are enjoying it. Poor Hollie bless her heart, hope she soon gets better
Hugs Jacqui x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards, just love the pB mouse, he is so cute.
Thank you for joining in the DDCC this week.
Hugs
CAthy xx

mueppi said...

Gorgeous cards and images!
Just love the PB mouse too!
Hugs Gisela

Chris said...

Such gorgeous cards Joanne and great to get all those challenges. Love the images and your beautiful colouring and papers. Sorry to read that Hollie isn't well, poor little thing and as you say hope she's better for Christmas. Brilliant that you won the WOJ prize and have new SNs on the way too, early Christmas for you LOL! Have fun with them. Chris x

Sandra said...

What a great card! Thanks for joining us in the DDCC

~Sandra~