Monday 29 December 2008

A great christmas and some exciting news!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous christmas with lots of lovely pressies and happy fun times. Our was pretty good, the girls had 'load's of lovely things and had a great time opening them as you can see here lunch went well, Matthew's dad even wanted to book in there and then for next year (we'll see!) he especially liked my homemade bannoffee pie which I had been itching to make since seeing it in the Tesco magazine, so easy and very yummy!!!
and here Lillie and Hollie are posing by the tree in their new dress up out-fits with their step-sisterWe've done a lot of sale shopping and have already crossed several birthdays and christmas pressies off of next years list!! We had a mad time in Woolworths, our closest one closed down on Saturday so when we went in they were giving out baskets to fill as full as you could for £10 we got a lot of school uniform items, including shoes, sandles, crocs, and yes I know I make them, but 77 various greetings cards matched with envelopes and 15 still to match up!! Over £150 worth of things for £10 bargain! and today I went to another branch who are closing down tomorrow and got £150 worth of clothes and cd's for £47! But I do feel sorry for those workers who now have the task of finding new jobs. All spent out now (unless I see another good bargain that is!!)

MY EXCITING NEWS is that I have been lucky enough to make it onto another Design Team woo..hoo.. I love that people think my cards are good enough to want me on their team, it's a great feeling, Thank you Carly for asking me. Carly is starting up a new challenge blog called Charisma Cardz which will have a weekly challenge every Thursday set by each of the design team on a rota basis, must get my thinking cap on!! Originally going live at the end of January but Carly has emailed today and I think we are on for an earlier start, will let you know when. Would love to see you all there for challenge no.1 which I know is a nice simple one to start with ;0)

5 comments:

Jill said...

glad you had a great christmas Joanne we too have been sale shopping and bought birthday and christmas presents for friends and family. Congratulations on your DT position you deserve it hugs Jill x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Jo
Congrats first cannot wait to see your cards for the new challenge. It is great to see the pictures of the girls they certainly looked as if they had a great time. What great bargins you got hun well done. Thanks for your good wishes for Matthew will let you know how it went
Hugs Jacqui x

Trina said...

Hi Joanne! Congratulations on making it on a new design team! How exciting for you!! Your pictures are beautiful! You've got a gorgeous family!
Thanks so much for the christmas card! I love the snowman and the ribbon on this card! Thanks again for thinking of me!
Have a happy New Year!

Debsydoo said...

CONGRATULATIONS Joanne. Glad you and the family had a fab Christmas. Happy New Year to you all.

hugs Debs x

Sandra said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on making the DT, can't wait to see what you and the others on the team create. Happy New Year to you and your family. Thanks you for following my blog :o)
Hugs
Sandra xx