Monday 15 December 2008

Carol singing, ballet, nativity and a card!

Wow it's been all go the past few days, I had to take my eldest for her ballet rehearsal on Saturday morning, before picking up step-daughter and then going shopping to finish off christmas pressies! I did pop into Specsavers and chose myself a funky pair of glasses, ooo... I can't wait to pick them up, I've not liked the ones I wear now, haven't done since I got them really, serves me right for penny pinching!!
I also happened to mention to my hubby that when I was in the craft shop in town, looking for buttons, that they had a rubber stamp of our town clock (landmark I think!) with various greetings, only £6.50. He said he couldn't believe that I didn't get it, so off we went, then I had to make a super quick card as I thought it would be perfect to send to his Aunt and Uncle. What do you think?I'm really pleased with it, guess what a lot of people will be getting on their cards next christmas!?!
The day before, being Friday, we had Lillie's christmas carol thing at school, what a waste of time it was taking the camera and video, you couldn't see her row of children! How disappointing, but then I said to hubby, she was Mary last year so she was the star then!! Here is probably the best picture I got of her (right in the middle with the cheesy smile and purple hat and scarf!) this is only because I asked her to stand up!
Yesterday was spent wrapping christmas presents, we still haven't finished uugghhh....!!
Today we had Hollie's christmas nativity, she was Mary bless her, they did very well considering they are only 3 and 4. Here she is with Joseph and the donkey!we had a photo opportunity at the end, they had a yellow mat for them to stand on and pose one at a time as they came off the stage which I thought was a good idea. Bless her she was very good, she opened out one blanket and placed it over the donkeys legs and then unfeld her blanket and put it on her knee, then she kept getting annoyed with the shepherds and kings because they were interferring with baby Jesus, she kept telling them quietly to "leave him alone" with a fierce look on her face, in between yawning!!! Here she is on the posing spot! She has another performance on Wednesday.and then after Hollie's nativity I had to pick Lillie up and whisk her off for her 2nd ballet exam. All of the children and her teachers did a twirl and wished her luck as she left! Her ballet teacher had put some of the class in for the exam a term and a half early because she said they had learnt the steps/positions so quickly. We won't find out how they got on until the results are released, as they went in on their own for the first time. Their first exam their teacher was in the hall with them, but that was it, so even she doesn't know how it went. Here Lillie is posing before the examI managed to make a couple of quick cards tonight but may get around to showing those tomorrow. I have lots of snowman soup to make for the teachers as I sold the ones I had already made! No rest for the wicked!!!

2 comments:

Momiji said...

thanks for sharing some great photos of the Christmas activities...brings back memories for me..

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous pictures of your beautiful girls Joanne, I haven't even started wrapping the girls presents.. keep putting it off! Hugs, Nikki x