Thursday 27 December 2007

I'm back!
I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas. We had a lovely day, Lillie and Hollie woke about 8.30am so thankfully not too early! They were very excited to find a christmas sack with some pressies in at the end of their beds! We then had breakfast before letting them head into the room for all of the other pressies, and with no word of a lie, there were bl**dy loads!!!
Mum and dad arrived for lunch and couldn't even get in the living room let alone sit down! We had a delicious prawn cocktail to start, followed by turkey lunch with all the trimmings, and no one had room for dessert, so mum dad and I had christmas pud at about 4pm! Mum spent most of the afternoon and evening getting most of the girls toys removed from their ever so annoying packaging. She was over the moon with the pictures we had done of the children and she didn't have a clue about them!
Yesterday/boxing day we always go to mum and dad's for the day, the past couple of years we have dropped the girls off and gone sale shopping getting back in time for lunch, this year we couldn't be bothered so I said I would have a quick look on-line, and managed to reserve a few bits in argos but nothing much worth having. We had a lovely beef roast, followed by too many desserts!! We played a couple of games of bingo, yeah I had the lucky card and won 1 line, 2 lines and full house on the first game and would have done again on the 2nd game but Jordan was the bingo caller and went a bit too fast at times and missed some balls out! I think we all left there about 10pm.
Today we went into town to hit what was left of the sales. We managed to get quite a few pressies for various birthdays, mothers/fathers day and christmas, but nothing like in previous years. We just weren't interested in it this year, I think it's knowing everywhere had sales leading up to christmas that we know we will still not need to spend a fortune if we do it nearer the time. I bought myself a top in the sale before christmas and really liked it, and managed to get it in 2 other colours today, and also the (black ) coat I wear in brown for £10 so I was really pleased.
Tomorrow is tidy up day, and try to find somewhere to put some of the presents, toys etc oh that is going to be one mamouth task!

No comments: